Are you planning on moving your office soon? If so, consider hiring us! We usually write about our house, apartment and condominium moves, but this month we wanted to focus on our niche in the office moving industry. While office moves might fly under the radar, they’re still a big part of our business, and we think you should know what we have to offer.
Beltway excels at moving offices of up to 25 employees. You’ll find that the same specialized and expert care we employ in residential moves are applied to your office suites. Surroundings are protected with floor and wall coverings as required just like moving a home. Care of a building or facility is no different than what would be done in the hallways, lobbies and elevators of residential buildings.
Beltway has the additional equipment resources to ensure we keep disruption of your office time to a minimum. Many companies have IT departments or outsourced vendors who direct how technology is moved; we will not only follow their direction but provide padding, packaging and protection to ensure safe passage.
Our staff is interactive with your employees just like they are with families. If you’ve ever moved with Beltway Movers then you know it’s important to us that we form a relationship with you. Our crews are the same back ground checked and fully uniformed employees we bring to homes. You can trust us with your sensitive documents as well as treasured decorative pieces.
We’ve been told by many people we’ve moved that post move they felt like we were all friends – and that’s the goal for both home and office moves! Think of it as moving your family – just a bit larger with more equipment! If you’re looking for a friendly / comfortable move with nice people, then we’re the right moving company for you.
We understand moving offices is a very daunting experience, so we wanted to give you a few ideas on how you will need to prep for your office move.
· Do you need to reserve the elevator for your building?
· Are there certain times of day you’re not allowed to use the elevators for moving furniture and other office supplies?
· Is there a place for the moving truck to park?
· Does your building and the building you’re moving to require a Certificate of Insurance (COI)? Be prepared to provide your move consultant with each locations’ COI requirements which may include specific wording and dollar limit. Beltway Movers' standard COI lists $2,000,000.00 aggregate coverage.
· Talk to your moving consultant about the use of plastic crates and rolling office carts. It may save you time and eliminate paper waste!
· Take advantage of our reusable SmartPack® crush proof cartons for wall monitors and artwork.
· Use this opportunity to declutter and get rid of things that you don’t need.
· Do NOT pack items that spill.
Packaging and moving large items:
· Talk to your move consultant about the larger items in your office and how best to prepare them for the move.
We hope this blog post has given you a glimpse into how we can handle your office move. If you’re looking to move offices and have questions, please give Beltway Movers a call today at (800) 966-8348. We look forward to moving with you!